Keencut’s New Evolution3 Transforms Manual Cutting
Keencut’s Evolution3tm sets new quality and performance standards for manual cutting machines, making accurate cutting easier than ever before. The design combines the latest engineering developments with high production standards and guaranteed 0.2mm precision cutting accuracy.
The simple, rapid and accurate alignment of materials increases productivity and saves money.
There are three Evolution3 models:
• the SmartFold which can be stowed underneath the bench
• the BenchTop which fixes to a work surface
• the portable FreeHand version
The Evolution3 features Keencut’s unique Lift-and-Hover (patent pending) technology which enables single-handed, fast and accurate alignment of all media irrespective of its thickness. A clutch device within the Lift-and-Hover system enables the clamping bar to be easily raised then lowered so it hovers just above the material surface - there is no scooping or sag. The mechanism means the cutter bar can be suspended exactly parallel to the media surface over the whole length of the cut with zero sag, even on the longest size of cutter. The sightline strip shows precisely where the cut will be made, and the clamp can then be fully engaged. The mechanism ensures guaranteed high precision accuracy with every cut.
John Walliker of JDP Solutions in Oxfordshire was one of the first to use the new Evolution3 “It’s very, very simple to use and it makes a massive difference to our productivity. The new Lift-and-Hover technology saves us a lot of time. Once the clamp is fully down there is no movement at any point. The speed of set-up and cut matters as it means that we complete more work more effectively.”
Keencut’s market-leading designers have also used their experience to revolutionise cutting tools. The new QuikSwap tool heads give the Evolution3 a degree of customisation unmatched by any other cutter. Each QuikSwap tool head is designed for a specific purpose such as general cutting, creasing or fabric cutting. The tool heads can be simply attached and removed from the cutter in seconds, ensuring ease-of-use and improved productivity. Keencut is also continuing to develop new tools to make the Evolution3 a truly future proof cutting solution.
The Chairman of Keencut, Paul Moxon, commented “Keencut leads the market in using smartly engineered products to tackle everyday print finishing challenges. The Evolution3 is a major step forward in cutter design, following heavy investment in research and development.”
As with all Keencut products, the Evolution3 is offered with a full 5-year guarantee. The cutters are constructed with heavy-duty track and all of the main components are machined by Keencut in the UK to ensure full quality control.
visit www.keencut.com for more information.
Other latest news
- 21/11/2019 Keencut’s New Evolution3 Transforms Manual Cutting Keencut’s Evolution3 sets new quality and performance standards for manual cutting machines, making accurate cutting easier than ever before. The design combines the latest engineering developments with high production standards and guaranteed 0.2mm precision cutting accuracy.
- 29/10/2019 The World’s First Renewable Energy Plant for Corrugated Board Manufacture CorrBoard Bioenergy (CB Bio), a joint venture between packaging and display trade specialist Swanline Group and paper-based packaging producer McLaren Packaging, has invested £5.5M in the creation of the world’s first sustainable energy generation facility fuelled by organic waste to provide heat and power for the manufacture of corrugated sheet board.
- 02/10/2019 Nicole Spencer Named New President Of FESPA UK Nicole Spencer, Operations Director at Hull-based printing specialists RMC Digital Print, has been appointed the new UK president at the FESPA UK Association.
- 05/09/2019 Sagetech confirmed as one of Small Biz Saturdays top 100 Sagetech Machinery, a manufacturer of Vertical Panel Saws, based in Ferryhill has been selected as one of 100 trail-blazing small businesses in the official count-down to Small Business Saturday, which takes place across the UK on 7 December 2019.
- 24/07/2019 FESPA's Head Office Gets A Makeover FESPA's Technical Support Manager, Graeme Richardson-Locke project managed the refurbishment of the Atrium located at FESPA's Head Office in Dorking.
- 02/04/2019 Sagetech Machinery Wins Awarded at Trophex 2019 Award Winning Sagetech Machinery win award for Best Product for Personalisation awarded by Trophex 2019.
- 28/03/2019 Industry-Specific Project Management Solution Vism to Present Industry-Specific Project Management Solution at Sign & Digital 2019 - 2nd-4th April 2019. NEC. Hall 3 – Stand M17
- 11/03/2019 Breakthrough in Aircraft Painting Technology Dutch robot manufacturer XYREC has successfully demonstrated a breakthrough in aircraft painting technology, developed in cooperation with Southwest Research Institute, Airbus and Marabu.
- 12/02/2019 EU Exit and Trade Update from BEIS EU Exit and Trade update from the BEIS covering no-deal immigration arrangements for EEA nationals, simplified import customs procedures, the launch of the UK Mark to replace CE marking, an updates on road freight and a reminder on data protection.
- 05/02/2019 Print Futures Awards 2019 It is that time of year again when the Printing Charity opens their Print Futures Awards Programme! Applications open Friday, 1st February.
- 02/01/2019 CMYUK Print & Finish Live February 12-13th Join CMYUK this February at their Shrewsbury Demonstration Centre for Digital Print & Finish LIVE
- 17/01/2019 Antalis Academy 2019 Courses 2019 courses now available from Antalis Academy.